Saturday, January 24, 2009

Michigan Law School Gargoyles

One day as I was walking around Ann Arbor, I noticed these inside one of the arches of the University of Michigan Law Quandrangle. I wish I knew a little more about them but judging by their appearance, I would be willing to guess they were professors at the time the buildings were built. Note: After posting these on a Michigan site, someone pointed out that these are former Michigan Presidents.

The Law Quad was built between 1924 and 1933 with funds donated by an alumnus, William Cook. The Library is pretty impressive (that's for another page though).
Anyways, here are the gargoyles.









1 comment:

Inspector Clouseau said...

Nice shots. I'm a 1977 graduate of the law school and lived in the Law Quad my first year. Great buildings. I came across your blog while blog surfing using the “next blog” button on the Nav Bar of blogger.com. I am continually fascinated by the types of blogs that exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people all over the globe express themselves, and so I frequently visit different blogs. Thanks for sharing.