Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ice Break Up in Bay City

I don't recall this happening before, but apparently if the wind conditions are right, the ice can start breaking up. I'm not quite sure how it works, but I think it might have something to do with the floes sliding other pieces of ice. At any rate, it looks really cool. Sadly, I couldn't get a picture earlier in the week because according to my mom, they were much bigger.


Some leaves I found laying on the ground. I liked the way the frost was on them.


Despite the breaking up of the ice...Some folks still need to go ice fishing. And if they fall in, some brave folks will have to go rescue them.




Some idea of the ice.


Out in the back look like icebergs

I kind of liked how the ice looked colorwise.



You see a greenish tint here.

No comments: