Sunday, January 17, 2010

Detroit Zoo in Winter - Part One

I went to the Detroit Zoo today because I found out that they were open in the winter. I'll admit, I've never been to the zoo during the winter but I think I'll have to go more often. First of all, there weren't alot of people so I didn't have to fight with the crowds. Second, the animals were alot more animated than when I go in the summer. Many of the animals are suited to a winter environment.

This is a statue outside of the butterfly exhibit and aviary.

This is one of the butterflies.

Another butterfly.

And another butterfly.

Probably my favorite shot out of the butterflies.

One of the birds. This exhibit is pretty cool because the birds are allowed to fly around.

Another bird.

The river otter.

A diamondback rattlesnake.

An alligator (or croc)

The King Cobra.

Another type of cobra.

Some lizards.

The bear statue at the middle of the zoo.

No comments: