Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Huron and Eastern Trainyard

If you've followed this blog for a while, you know that I like trains.  They don't rank as high in my books as planes or ships but they are up there.  There is a pretty interesting railyard near my mom's.  It has a pretty decent mix of engines.
 This is an engine from the Saginaw Valley Railway.  I don't have many details on this railroad except that it ran from Saginaw to Marlette Michigan.  It was acquired by the Huron and Eastern Railway in 2004.
 I kind of like how the yellow sets off again the red.
 A couple of railcars.  The one of the left is a car from the Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad.  I kind of like how they look old and used.
 A couple more railcars.  The yellow car looks almost like it could have come from the Union Pacific.
 A Rail America Car.  Rail America is a company that started to combine many Short Line Railroads in the Midwest.  I kind of like the scheme of their engines.
 Another shot of the Saginaw Valley Engine.
 An engine from the Central Michigan Railroad.  The Central Michigan went from Durand to Buena Vista Michigan.
 A pair of Engines.  One from the Huron and Eastern itself and an other from the Oregon Pacific Railroad.
One last shot of the Saginaw Valley Railway Engine.  I really like the color scheme.

No comments: