Sunday, May 7, 2017

National Train Day - Toledo - 2017

Yesterday was the National Train Day at the Toledo Amtrak Station.  It has been pretty cool in years past and I was hoping that it would be cool.
 As I got to the station, I realized that something was amiss.  Usually there is at least one Amtrak train and a couple of Norfolk Southern engines.
 But the only engine that appeared was the Ann Arbor Railroad's GP-38 engine.  It was pretty cool to see this one as they seem to pass my office when I'm at work.  However, as I was expecting more, I was a little disappointed.
 But I guess this gave me a chance to get some detailed shots of the logo.  This is a logo that was used by the original Ann Arbor Railroad.
 It also seems that the engine used to belong to Conrail back in the day and the Penn-Central prior to that.
 I also had a chance to get several different angles.  Since there weren't as many people outside.
 I kind of like the lines in this one.
 Looking up at the cab.
 Looking from the station itself.
 The raillines were pretty active though.  Which was cool but I didn't have a ton of time to trainwatch.
The trailing locomotive.

I'm hoping that this was just a blip and not a sign of things to come.  I guess we'll see what happens next year.

No comments: