Friday, January 26, 2018

All Things Must Come to An End

So I had a bunch of appointments on Wednesday.  One of them was a echo scan where I got to see pictures of my heart (including the valve).  That was pretty neat to see.  Then I had a follow-up visit with the heart surgeon.  He said that some of the weight restrictions were off and that I could drive again.  He also stated that I could return to work on March 1.  That is pretty exciting, I think.  After that, I had a CT scan.  I think that went pretty well.

After roughly two months, my antibiotic IV will be ending tonight.  I think I have enough penicillin in me to choke a horse.  That means, I will be released tomorrow.  I'm very excited about that because it means that I can return to a normal life again.  It also means that I will be able to work on my blog again (other than updates to my health).  I think I even have a project lined up.

What does all of this mean?  Well, I'm going to work at getting some of my weight off.  Fortunately, I was in pretty good health before this but as we know, this can be fleeting.  I'm also going to seek out more unusual spots for this blog.  It doesn't mean that I'm going to ignore aircraft and ships though.

Once again, I would like to thank all my fans for their support through this experience.  It's always nice to know that you are appreciated.  I will also give a shout out to the heart people at St. Joseph Hospital.  While I don't like the circumstances I had to meet them, I will have to say they are awesome.  I would also like to give a shout out to all the nurses that treated me through this.  You are all pretty awesome.

At approximately 11:00 A.M. tomorrow, I will be requesting permission to take off from my rehab place.

1 comment:

Christopher List said...

Dude, that is awesome. I am so glad you're getting out and going to be able to get back to doing what you love.