Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Catching the Cuyahoga

The Cuyahoga is one of the ships that I don't expect to be seeing much longer.  I'm pretty sure she has at least one more season under her belt before her next five year inspection but I expect her to be gone before then.  So when I saw her passing on Monday, I decided to go catch her.
 The Cuyahoga is one of the ships that seems to get alot of work and as a result, I think she is a tired ship.
 She was built in the 40's and while 70 years is pretty young for a laker, it's not terribly young for a laker that has been used by a Canadian company.
 I'm not sure if she's hauled salt, I'm pretty sure she has visited some of the brackish waters at the mouth of the St. Lawrence.
 I think you can see some of her old paint coming through.  At a minimum she will need a paint job.
 At any rate, it will be a sad day when she leaves the lakes because that will be one less classic laker.
 I'm not sure where she was heading from but she was heading to the Rouge River.
 I think she had a load of stone.
 The almost beam shot.
 And she continues on her way.
 While this isn't one of my better shots, I do like it.
And she continues on her way.  She's only got about an hour and a half to her destination after this.

No comments: