Saturday, February 29, 2020

Saturday With the Trains

It was a nice sunny day and I decided that I didn't want to spend it inside.  I was thinking about going down to Ohio and catching trains there but then I decided to head up to Durand instead.  While there are not as many trains there, it is a nice spot for trainwatching.  They also have a nice train board set up, so you can kind of see when the trains are coming.
 As the first train passed, I left my cameras on the settings that I use for basketball games and all the pictures were way overexposed.  I caught it and was able to get some pictures of the cars.
 It took a while before the next train passed, but it was pretty cool.  There were quite a few people at the station.  Even though it was sunny, it was still pretty cold.
 I kind of like this shot.
 As it got closer.
 I wanted to get a picture of the signal bridge.
 A picture of the station itself.  There is a nice little museum on the inside.
 A piece of graffiti.
 This train was coming up the main line and took this line to go to the line that was heading south.  I wish I had realized it.
 I kind of like the livery on this one.
 I saw that there was an eastbound train, so I decided to wait for it.
 The lighting wasn't the greatest though but at least I wasn't shooting directly into it.
 The signal bridge.
 The train gets closer.
 I think this is my favorite shot.
 I was trying to get a picture through the windows of the station.  I'm not sure about this one.
I really like this one though.

No comments: