Monday, June 1, 2020

Back to the Frankfort Lighthouse

So I went up to Traverse City today.  I was hoping to get some pictures of the cherry orchards up there.  I ended up taking M-115 through Frankfort to get to M-22.  That is probably the most direct route to Traverse City.
 I stopped in Frankfort to get some pictures of the lighthouse there.  I saw this view and I had to get it.  I kind of like this picture.
 Lake Michigan was angry enough and some of the waves were trying to crash over the breakwater.  It probably doesn't help that Lake Michigan is like the rest of the Great Lakes and is much higher than normal.
 So I walked along the beach front to get some different angles.
 So I waited to get some other waves.  I think I like the first one I got better.
 This is where I took a walk to the other side of the park.
 Unfortunately, I think the waves were being blocked by the lighthouse from this angle.
There were a few windsurfers there today.  I caught this one.

No comments: