Monday, June 28, 2021

The American Century Heads Downbound

 So it wasn't too long after arriving in Sault Ste Marie that I saw my first ship.  I wanted to get some shots with my drone, so I pretty much just used my drone for the downbound ships.

The water was pretty calm for me, so it made for a nice reflection.  There was a slight bit of fog in the air but not so bad that I couldn't fly my drone.
It's amazing how peaceful these giant ships look, especially up here.
I would have to say that the 1000 footers look pretty cool from the air.
I didn't want to move my drone around too much to get the full shot but I figured this was kind of cool.

She passes near my drone.
If you look closely behind the pilothouse, you can see the captain waving to the assembled crowd.
I love this shot as she heads down the St. Mary's River.
She continues down a little further.
I had to switch to my other camera for one more shot.


No comments: