Saturday, August 20, 2022

Michigan Exposures Hits the Road

I haven't done a "Hits the Road" post in a long time.  But then again, this is the first year that I've stayed in a hotel in a long time.  I also got myself a decent laptop that I can take with me.  So that helps.
I ended up going to Chicago for the Air and Water Show.  I decided to get tickets on one of the boats where you can watch the show.  I couldn't get tickets until tomorrow, so I spent today planespotting.  I ended splurging and getting a room at the O'Hare Hilton.  I also got one of the runway view rooms, so that gave me the opportunity to spot as I was getting up.
The above plane is an Atlas Air 747 that was coming in from Anchorage.  It was probably actually coming in from Shanghai.  Typically, they don't do a full fuel load so they can carry more cargo.  As I type this, she is getting ready to back to Anchorage.
At any rate, I don't know why I didn't get a room here sooner.  It is pretty cool.

No comments: