Saturday, October 1, 2022

A Quest for the Round Barn

 I decided to do something different today.  My mom pointed out that there are some round barns in Michigan.  I found a website that lists them, so I ended up checking out a pair that were kind of in line with each other.

Round barns are more common in Iowa and Wisconsin.  They are not so common in Michigan.  In fact, I heard that there are 27 of them.  I found one last year.
This particular barn is west of Nashville on M-79.  
I'm not sure of its age but I will guess it was built in the early 1900s.
I will have to admit, it is in pretty good shape.
This particular part is just north of where US-10 and M-66 meet.  It is in Sears, MI and is about 20 miles west of Clare.
I ended up asking the owner if I could go take a better picture of it and she let me.  She said that this barn was built in 1907.  Sadly, it looks like it needs some work.

I'm going to have to look at the list and seek out some others that are near here.  

No comments: