Thursday, December 29, 2022

First the Herbert C. Jackson

 I decided to go boatwatching again today.  There were only two ships that I could catch though.  As they released them with more spacing today.

The Herbert C. Jackson was delivering taconite to the Rouge Steel Mill.
She wasn't one of the ships caught in the ice at the western end of Lake Erie.
She was heading up to Marquette.
I assume that she is going to pick up taconite there.
That means I will probably see her again.
One more shot as she continues from Marine City.
I headed over to St. Clair because I wanted more pictures of her.
I tried a different vantage point.  I was able to get a bow shot.
It was a little warmer today but it was still windy but I'm not sure if it was too windy for my drone.
But I didn't bring my drone with me, so that was kind of a moot point.
I kind of like this shot.
She approaches a beam shot.
A little more.
She cuts a nice profile.
She continues on her way.
She should be in Marquette sometime tomorrow.
And one more shot of her.


No comments: