Sunday, January 29, 2023

The Winter Blahs

 I wasn't actually sure what the weather was going to be like yesterday and I wasn't particularly motivated to do anything.  By the time I did feel motivated, it was late  but I still wasn't sure what the weather was going to be like.  They were predicted snow and ice, so I just decided to stay home.

The weather was still unpredictable today but I had to get out, so I decided that heading to the airport was as good as anything.  Besides, the planes were landing from the south which meant going up to the parking deck.  I'll have to say, those are my favorite shots.

First up was a CRJ-900 coming in from Cleveland.
Touchdown with a little bit of smoke.
This was an A320 heading to LaGuardia, I think.
And this A320 was heading in from Baltimore.
A touch of smoke.
Bah dum.  Bah dum.......
A 717 coming in from Raleigh-Durham.
Touchdown.
Since this is the last DC-9 derivative and I've heard it's not long for this world, I'll get a few pictures.
The rest of the plane.  This 737 was on it's way to Atlanta.
A 717 coming in from Philadelphia.
Touchdown.
Again...
It's not often you get a picture of two of these in the same shot.
An E175 belonging to United Airlines heading off to Dulles Airport in Washington DC.
This was the plane that got me out of the apartment.
This was a Lufthansa A340 and it was heading in from Frankfurt.
I think this is another plane that is not long for this world.  Four engined planes are not efficient enough.
Touchdown with some smoke.
A 757 heading off to Fort Lauderdale.
A CRJ-900 coming in from Newark.
I think this one was coming in from Norfolk.
Taxiing.
An A320 heading off to Windsor Locks, Connecticut.
An E175 coming in from Dayton.
And the other plane that got me out.
The 757 is by far my favorite commercial aircraft.
I'm not sure why, I just think it's a nice looking plane.
This particular one was coming in from Fort Lauderdale.
Just a few more pictures as it taxis.
It continues one.
A picture with two 757s in it.
It makes the turn for the gate.
I should have waited a split second, then I could have gotten a frontal shot.
She makes the turn.
Again, two 757s.
I like this shot.
An A319 coming in from LaGuardia.
One more shot of the 757.


No comments: