Saturday, April 15, 2023

Catching Up With the Algoma Compass

 This is another ship that I was happy to catch because I haven't caught her yet this year.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it's been a while since I've caught her.

The Algoma Compass was coming over from Green Bay.
She was heading to the Rouge River but I'm not sure what she was carrying.
She was definitely loaded though.
As I look at the horizon, I can understand why pilots might lose the horizon and why they should depend on instruments at some times.
Anyway, she was heading down to Detroit.
Looks like she has been used pretty well too.
Last I remember seeing her, she was painted pretty well.
Not sure why part of her bow is red.
The bow shot.
She makes the turn for the river.
A clearer shot of her.
Framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
The almost beam shot.
A shot of her pilothouse.
A stern shot.
And one more before moving on.


No comments: