Monday, July 3, 2023

A Whirlwind of a Day

 On Saturday, I decided that I was going to head up to Sault Ste. Marie.  It was a nice day and it looked like it would be a busy day there.  Other things got in the way of my plans.  It rained for a little bit on the way, in some points it was almost enough that I was thinking of turning back.  There were a couple points along the way where traffic was pretty nasty.

When I got to the Bridge, traffic was backed up to the southern border of the Mackinaw City.  I don't think I've ever seen it that bad in person.  I was halfed tempted to pull off until I looked at the traffic in the city and saw that I would be trapped in the city for a while.  So I pressed on.

After getting over the bridge, it wasn't too bad and it was smooth sailing the rest of the way to the Soo.

When I finally got to the Soo, I missed this ship where I really wanted to catch her.  I was able to catch her from the power plant area except that I found out they removed the park from there.  Oh well.  The Honorable James L. Oberstar was heading up to Marquette to pick up a load of taconite.  I would assume that she would be taking it to Dearborn but when I look at AIS this morning, she is heading to Indiana Harbor.  That is a bit unusual.  Anyway, it was nice to be up there, even briefly.


No comments: