Sunday, March 25, 2018

And the Mississagi

I wasn't at Belle Isle too long before my next ship started to pass.
 While not quite as old as the Alpena, the Mississagi will be celebrating her 75th birthday this year.
 I hope that I look this good when I turn 75.
 I'm not sure where the Mississagi was heading because her AIS still said Ashtabula.  If she's heading to Ashtabula, she's heading the wrong way.
 Well no matter, I will enjoy her all the same.
 I will have to admit, it's nice to see that these old girls are still on the lakes.
 And I hope to keep seeing them for a while.
And I just want to add a personal note.  I'm glad that I am returning to a sense of normalcy.  It was pretty scary to have to face what I was facing.  When I collapsed at the laundry mat, I knew that I had to do something.  It turns out that something was quite a bit.  I am starting to feel much better and after returning to work, I am getting a sense of normalcy in my life.
Once again, I would like to thank all my followers and friends for their well wishes.  Part of that is what helped me get through this ordeal.  I can't wait to do more posts.

No comments: