Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Catching a Snowy Owl at Fish Point

I looked at the weather for the week and decided that Monday would be the best day to try to catch some snowy owls.  So I headed up to Fish Point near Bay City because there have been a few sightings there.
 It didn't take long for me to catch a snowy owl there.  This one was just off the side of the road as you enter Fish Point.   As I tried to get out of the car, he flew away.
 We went down the road for a bit to see if we could find some others but they weren't quite as close to the road.  As I headed back, I saw that this one was in the spot where I originally saw it.
 It was cool to get one this close as I didn't need to do much cropping to get this picture.
 I think this is a female snowy owl though.  It was amazing watching as she looked around.
 I kind of like this shot.
 You can kind of see her beak under the feathers.
 She would look back at me every so often.  I think she had a kill here.
 This is a pretty majestic bird.
 She was flying back.
One more shot before moving on.

No comments: