Sunday, May 31, 2020

A Robin at Crosswinds Marsh

I was thinking about heading down to Monroe.  I read that there are bunch of eagle nests there but I also realized it was getting pretty late in the day.  Since it was on the way home, I decided to stop at Crosswinds Marsh.
Crosswinds Marsh is pretty close to Detroit Metro Airport.  It was created when they expanded the airport and had to clear out some wetlands.  When you remove an acre of wetland, you have to replace it with an acre and a half.   That replacement is Crosswinds Marsh.
I think there is an eagle's nest there but I'm not sure if it is abandoned or not.  I saw the nest but I didn't see anything in it.  I did however see the robin above and took a picture of it.  I think I'm gonna go back on another day when it isn't as busy.

No comments: