Saturday, May 30, 2020

Next Stop Durand

So after heading east on M-46, I thought that maybe I could go through Shiawasee.   So I headed to M-13 and then headed south to get to the Shiawasee Game Reserve.  When I got there, I found out that it was still closed for flooding and I turned around.  I continued south on M-13 to get to Durand.  Even though I got a picture of train in St. Louis, I was hoping that I could get some in Durand.  If I did, that would be great.  If I didn't, I had some pictures so the day wasn't a total bust.
 As I was getting ready to leave, I heard the sound of a train leaving the yard that is close to the station.  I think this particular train is a local train.  It was pulling some cars out of that yard.
 It turned to head east on the main line.  I thought it was going to do what they usually do when they leave this yard.  Head down the track a little bit and back in to pick up some new cars.
 Sadly, I was almost shooting into the sun, so the light wasn't the most ideal.  I still think I got some decent pictures of this engine.
 One thing nice about this spot, is the ability to get different angles.
 Like with other vehicles, I like the quarter shot.
 It continued down the track.
 This is the new color scheme for the Huron and Eastern trains.  Like I said, I think they are owned by a different company but I'm not sure of its name.
 So anyway, the train headed east on the track and got past the signal and started to back in.  It was backing in on the track that crosses to the front of the station (kind of).  It makes for a picturesque shot, so I headed over there.  It helped that it was way out.
 the lighting was better for me over here.
 And always remember that when you see one of these signs, there might be a train in the area.
 So it was backing into the other track.  I'm not sure if it was taking these cars to store over there.
 The light was just about perfect for this.
 So  I got a few different angles.

 And it looks like it about to jump out and attack.
 As I was leaving, I saw a train approaching the area, so I turned around to head back to the station.  I barely was able to get some pictures because it was moving at a pretty decent clip.
 I wish the wires weren't above.
Like everything else, I'm not a face of stern shots but I do like this one.

No comments: