Friday, September 18, 2020

And the Amurborg

 I was going to leave after the McCarthy but then I looked upriver and saw that one more ship was making her way up.  I thought it was going to be about a half hour because of where I saw her but when I saw she was on top of me after the McCarthy, I figured I might as well get another set of pictures.

The Amurborg is owned by Wagenborg and appears to be one of those ships that carry windmill parts.
She was devoid of windmill parts but it looked like she had a couple of containers on her.  I'm not sure if that was her cargo.
Nor am I sure if there is cargo in her holds.
At any rate, these are pretty neat looking ships.
I was surprised at the amount of rust I saw on her.  Usually ships from this company are in almost pristine condition.
But then again, I suspect she may have been busy.
Anyway, she was on her way to Green Bay.
I'm not sure if she was delivering cargo to there are picking up cargo.
It is typical for the salties to bring something here and then pick up something for the return ship.  It makes sense when you consider it is probably a two week journey across the Atlantic.
And then I switched to my drone.
You can kind of see the helipad on her deck.
I've never noticed that from the ground.
You can also see the two containers she is carrying.
A stern view.

 And one more before moving on.

No comments: