Friday, April 30, 2021

And Then There Was the H. Lee White

 Again, it wasn't long for the next ship to pass.

The H. Lee White was heading up to Marquette.  I forget where she was coming from.
This is another ship that I haven't seen in a while.
Recently American Steamship was acquired by the company that owns Lower Lakes.  They have been in the process of repainting the stacks of the river ships.
I think these ships are going to be operated by the folks that run the American side of Lower Lakes.
I'm not sure about all the details but it is pretty contentious on the boards.  They think they are trying to break the union.
They also think they may get into a bidding war to drive down shipping prices and that might have an impact on some of the other companies.
I guess we'll see.
As you can see, her stack is now gray.
She continues on her way up.
One more shot.


No comments: