Tuesday, September 24, 2024

The Kaye E. Barker at Mistersky

 This was a ship that I saw on Marine Traffic but I wasn't sure that I was going to catch her.

When I got to Riverside, I saw that she was getting fuel at Mistersky.  I also saw that she had been there a couple of hours, so I expected that she was going to pulling out soon.
I wasn't sure if I was going to see her actually pull out, so I took a couple of pictures as she was docked.
As I realized that the Dorothy Ann/Pathfinder was pulling into the fuel dock, I looked at the Barker and saw that smoke was coming out of her stack.  That meant that she would be pulling out.
Sadly, I didn't catch a picture of it but after a puff of smoke from the bow thrusters, she started to pull out of the dock.  I was more interested in getting a bow shot of her.
She continued to push out.
Started to give me a good shot of Zug Island.
When I posted this picture, I titled it as "Pulling out of Correllia" because that was Han Solo's home plant.  This looked like the planet in "Solo".
She is another ship that I really like.  she is another classic laker but she is a unique looking one.
She is also one that I see fairly often because she is typically the one that goes between Marquette and Dearborn.
The bridge in the background.
She pulls out in the channel.
Just a beautiful ship.
A relatively clean background.
A nice shot with the McKeil Spirit and Pathfinder in the picture.
The ship moves on.
She approaches the Ambassador Bridge.
The tower to the front.
The tower in the back.
She was heading on to Burns Harbor.  I think she was coming from Toledo which means that she was delivering iron to Burns Harbor.


No comments: