Thursday, August 4, 2011

Some Paintings on Belle Isle

So as I said in my last post, I decided to head down to Belle Isle tonight. It's been a while since I've posted on here and I was going to go down to the Arboretum but I saw that an interesting ship would be passing down the Detroit River so plans changed.
It was a nice night for a change as it was a little on the cooler side and there was a nice breeze blowing. There was enough cloud cover in the sky to make for some nice pictures (I thought). So anyways.
Tonight I decided that I would do my pictures on the side of Belle Isle that faced downtown Detroit. As I was doing that that, I saw these paintings.
This was the first one that caught my eye. Some notes from people from Detroit, I assume.
This one is a little cooler as it's got a picture of the Ren Cen. Although for me the iconic Detroit building is the Fisher Building.
At first I was kind of indifferent to this picture until I saw the embedded Spirit of Detroit.
This one is pretty neat too.

No comments: