Monday, March 25, 2013

And Arthur M. Anderson Makes an Appearance and Five

One of the last ships I caught last shipping season was the Arthur M. Anderson.  I was hoping that I would have caught her on her return trip to the north but it turns out that she ended up wintering in Toledo.  Well it turns out that I would catch her on her return trip, it was just a little later than I had expected.
 If you will recall from last time, the Arthur M. Anderson is one of my favorite ships.  This is mainly because of the role she played during the Edmund Fitzgerald disaster.  She was the last ship to remain in contact with the Edmund Fitzgerald before she went down.  Because of that, she will always have a place in Great Lakes history.
 Since she's an American Boat, she has quite a few years left in her, I think.  Given the fact that fresh water is not as harsh on boats as salt water, she can easily last quite a few more years.
 At any rate, I couldn't think of better conditions to photograph her under.  Possibly when I get my Passport renewed,  I can try to catch her at sunrise and from the Canadian side.  But I'm not sure when I'll see water so calm.
 The reflections were almost perfect.
 And she heads off into the sunset.
 I'm not sure exactly where she's headed though.
And a shot with the Ren Cen.

No comments: