Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Sunday Morning With the Queen

I had a basketball game Sunday afternoon, so I decided to do a little planewatching Sunday morning.  The Queen looked like she was going to be on time, so I had plenty of time.
 But before catching the Queen, there was at least 757 coming.  This Airbus wasn't it though.
 This was the 757-300 coming in from Orlando.  This plane had a tail number of N584NW.
 Even though this is a stretched plane, there is still something graceful looking about it.
 This MD-88 was arriving in Detroit from Philadelphia.  Pretty soon these aircraft will be disappearing from the skies.  I believe that many MD-80s are gone.  American is in the process of retiring their MD-83s.  I think I read somewhere that the MD-88s and MD-90s will be retired by 2024.  That leaves the Boeing 717 but I can't imagine that will be around much past the other planes.  I will miss the day when these planes are gone too.
 An Airbus A319 arriving from Reagan National in Washington DC.  I think these planes have a few years left.
 A Boeing 717 arriving from Newark.  It's not often that I get a beacon shot.
 An A320 arriving from Boston.  Sometimes I have a hard time telling these planes apart from the A319.
 A Boeing 717 arriving from Kansas City.
 An American A319 arriving from Miami.
 Of course, the plane I was waiting for was the Queen.  She was coming in from Seoul.
 This particular one was the one with the N666US tail number.  So some people will call her the Satan Queen.
 She's still nice looking though.
One more shot of her.
 An Embrear.
 Another angle of that plane.
 A 757 that was coming in from Atlanta.
 I think this 737 was arriving from Baltimore.
 Another Embrear.
 A Spirit A321 arriving from Fort Lauderdale.  These planes look similar to the 757, but not enough.
 I decided to stick around for the other 757 flight from Orlando.
She is another 757-300.

No comments: