Sunday, November 19, 2017

The Claude A. Desgagnes Makes an Appearance

Technically, this is the second appearance of this ship but the first was a glimpse of her bow, so I'm not sure it really counts.
 The Claude A. Desgagnes has eluded this blog since her introduction to the Lakes in 2012.
 And given the weather yesterday, she almost eluded this blog again but I wasn't going to let that happen since I was already there.
 I do like the look of the Desgagnes ships.  They seem to be one of the few companies that run salties that keep their ships looking fairly nice.
 The other reason that I wanted to catch her was because she was carrying odd cargo.  She was carrying some construction equipment but I'm not sure what it was for.
 I believe that she is on her way to Thunder Bay.
 I presume that she will pick up a load of grain for the return journey while there.
One more shot as she works her way up the St. Clair River.

No comments: