Friday, November 10, 2017

The Friday Morning Queen

I ended up taking today off because there was the Eastern Michigan opening game.  I was actually waffling about whether I would do that or not but there were many players I didn't recognize and I wanted to see them.  The game was at 10:30 this morning and I think that made it the first official NCAA game of the 2017-2018 season.  I looked up the time for the Queen's Arrival at Metro and I saw that it would work perfectly to make the game too.
 I arrived early enough to catch this 737-700 arriving from Midway.
 From Detroit it would head onto Atlanta.
 Next up was this CRJ-900 arriving from St. Louis.
 That was followed by an ERJ-175 arriving from Chicago O'Hare Airport.
 It didn't take me much longer to catch the Queen.  With the final flight of the United 747 on Tuesday, this remains the last US passenger 747 in service.
 She was coming in from Seoul. 
 She will continue to do so until December 17th.  After that, the only 747s we will see will be flown by foreign and cargo carriers.
 And that's kind of a shame given how awesome this plane is.  Oh well, at least I got to fly on one twice.
Until next time, farewell to the Queen.

No comments: