Monday, August 23, 2021

Catching the William Hoey

 Catching the Sykes gave me a bonus treat.

Because the Sykes doesn't have stern thrusters, she needed help getting into the Rouge River slip.  I'm actually kind of surprised that the Sykes doesn't have stern thrusters but her stern design might make that difficult.
She was given assist by the William Hoey of Gallic Tugboats out of Detroit.
I've seen these guys before.  Usually they are pushing a barge and helping to refuel ships in the anchorage.
It was kind of neat since I don't usually get to see tugs in action.
She pours it on getting the Sykes in place.
After she was done, she got to head back to her dock.
And that gave me a chance for some other pictures.
I'll have to say, she is a pretty neat looking boat.
The lighting was still pretty good.
Some of the crew gathering up her lines.
One more picture.


No comments: