Thursday, May 18, 2023

Michigan Exposures Welcomes Icelandair to Detroit

 I found out that tonight was the inagural flight of Icelandair from Keflavik to Detroit.  While I was hoping that it would be one of the 757s, it wasn't but that's still cool, I guess.

I got to the airport a little early (but not much).
First up is this 717 coming from the land of cheesesteaks and cream cheese.
This A319 was coming from the land of Lady Liberty (well the LaGuardia portion of that).
A Gulfstream.
Another angle of the Gulfstream.
This CRJ-900 was coming in from the land of poutine.
An A321.
I had to include the beacon shot.
And another beacon shot.  This plane was coming in from Orlando.
And the plane I was waiting for.
It was a 737 MAX belonging to Iclandair.
It was coming in from Keflavik.
This isn't the first time Icelandair has been to Detroit.
So I guess, welcome back.  Now bring Hekla.
An A321 coming in from the land of baked beans.
I believe this may very well be my first robin of the year.
Well not the first one I've seen but the first one I got a picture of.
A CRJ-900 coming from Toronto...so land of maple syrup, I guess.
A 757.
This one was coming in from San Juan.
Because I like the plane.
Another angle.
More pics.
And one more.
An A220 coming in from Houston.
Another 757.
This one was coming in from John Wayne Airport.
Which is in Santa Ana.
A CRJ-900 coming in from Cleveland.
An A350.
This one belonged to Air France.
I was able to get a few beacon shots.
Plus it's a cool looking plane.
It was coming in from Paris.
One more.
And I finish with an A319 coming from the land of scum and villainy.


No comments: