Sunday, May 28, 2023

Visiting Angola, Indiana

 Today, I decided to head down to Angola, Indiana because I heard the Nickel Plate 765 was doing an excursion.  It has been over two years since I last saw it.

Angola, Indiana is in the northeast corner of Indiana.  It is the county seat of Steuben County and has a population of almost 9000.
It was founded in 1838 by Thomas Gale Cornelius Gilmore.  It is home to Trine University.
I liked the look of this sailors and soldiers memorial.  It was in the center of a traffic circle.
Of course it is dedicated to the union.
The plaque in the center has the names of people from Steuben County that died.
Looking down the street.
Looking at the other side.  It looks like it could be a nice town.
I think this is the courthouse.  It looks pretty nice.


No comments: