Sunday, October 13, 2024

The Paul R. Tregurtha Makes an Appearance

It has been even longer since I last saw this ship.  The last time I saw her was in December.  In fact, she may have been my last ship of the year.

It's not really that she hasn't been past this way, it's just that her schedule and my schedule have not meshed.
She normally does a split load of coal between St. Clair and Monroe.
She passes the Gott.
I even got a little reflection from the river.  I think if the weather were different, I might have gotten an inversion.
She was heading back from Monroe after delivering coal there.  As such, she was riding a little higher than normal.
I figured she would be stopping for fuel, but that's okay, she's still close enough for pictures.
She slows down.
Lovely Zug Island in the background.  I think Zug is closed down.  Or at least shuttered in sort of a layup.
A little puff of steam.  On the buildings behind her was puffing out steam, but stopped as she was about in a position where it would have looked like she was really billowing out steam.
I started to rain that kind of obscured my picture.
But I like the atmosphere of this one.  After she fuels up, she will head to Superior where the cycle will start again.
 

No comments: