Wednesday, December 26, 2018

The Belle Isle Aquarium

As I said in my last post, I made a stop at the Belle Isle Aquarium.  It has been a while since I've stopped in with my camera.  I stopped in about a month ago but I didn't bring my camera and I wish I had.
 Fish are not my strong suit and I didn't take notes while I was taking my pictures.  So I have no idea what most of these fish are.
 Again, I don't know what this is but it looks pretty cool.
 An alligator snapping turtle.  Last time I saw it, it looked like it might be dead.  But not this time.
 I think this is an alligator gar.  It is a type of pike.
 I think this is a puffer fish.
 A largemouth bass.
 This is definitely a yellow perch and a pretty good sized one too.
 I think this was a yellow fish, which is a type of sunfish.
 One of their lake sturgeon.  This is a pretty small one and I know they get much larger.
 Don't remember what kind of fish this was.
 A ray of some sort.
 One of the piranha.    I just missed the feeding.
 I think this is a relative to the piranha.
 Not sure what this was.
 This was the electric eel.  It's kind of a neat display.  They have a lightbulb near it and it will light up when the eel is feeding.
 Not sure what kind of fish this was.
 Again, not sure what kind of fish this was.
Another type of gar.

I'm going to have to go to the aquarium when I have a little more time.  There were quite a few fish I didn't get pictures of.

No comments: