Wednesday, December 5, 2018

The Walter J. McCarthy on the St. Clair River

I'm not sure where the Walter J. McCarthy was heading from but she was heading to Superior.  I think from there she will be heading to St. Clair.
 At any rate, it was nice to see another thousand footer.
 And if you look behind her, you can see the subject of my next post.
 I caught her up near Marine City.  There is a little boat launch south of there where you can get pretty good views of upbound ships.  Downbound ships aren't a good though.
 A closer shot of her.
 And she passes by.
 She passes the subject of my last post and you can see the subject of my next post further back.
 Another shot of her.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 I went up to St. Clair because I thought I would catch another ship.  But I got some shots of the McCarthy.  Including a head shot.
And one more shot before moving on.

No comments: