Sunday, December 9, 2018

The John D. Leitch Passes Belle Isle

I decided to leave the pilothouse in order to get my next picture.  While the sun was shining, it was pretty cold yesterday.  I think it got up 36 degrees Fahrenheit.  At least it wasn't snowing.
 The next ship is one of my favorite to catch because she is so unique looking.
 She is the John D. Leitch and her weird pilothouse is that way because it maximizes her cargo spot.
 It almost looks like an apartment building.
 I'm not sure where she was heading from but she is heading to Quebec City.  I presume is delivering something there that will be picked up by an ocean going vessel.
 Or she might be headed there to layup.  This is about the time of year when ships start to head for layup.
 Especially the Canadian ships because the Welland Canal closes at the end of the month.
 At anyrate, I'll enjoy here here.
And she continues on.  It will take her another two days to get to Quebec City.

No comments: