Monday, December 24, 2018

Watching the Hollyhock in Action

Last Sunday I decided to go catch the Sykes on the St. Clair River.  As I was waiting for her, I caught another ship.
 The Hollyhock was in the process of buoy retrieval.  She was on her way to Algonac (or so).
 It was a pretty nice morning for boatwatching, although a little bit on the cold side.
 It was kind of nice to catch the Hollyhock in action though.  Usually, I just see her docked.
 The almost beam shot.
 I just wish the water were a little calmer.
 I caught up with her in Marine City again.
 Another angle.
 another close to beam shot.
 The almost beam shot.
 I caught her again just south of Marine City.  I think she was actually removing buoys, hence the arm being up.
 One of the boats from the Hollyhock.
I'm not sure what they were doing at the buoy.

No comments: