Monday, April 22, 2019

Catching the Indiana Harbor

I didn't think that I would catch the next ship but I did.
 I knew that she was unloading at Zug Island and I presume that she was unloading taconite but I wasn't sure how much longer that would last.
 Then I looked on AIS and I saw that she was heading upbound but she was taking her time.  I presume so that she could pass the Gott at a wider spot on the river.
 Anyway, it was nice to see another 1000 footer.
 And the lighting was just about perfect.  I liked the clouds too.
 I kind of wish I had gone planewatching yesterday as well but it wasn't in the cards.
 The almost beam shot of her and the banner on her side that says "Keep the Lakes Great".  I kind of wish I could get that as a bumper sticker.
 The closer to beam shot.
 And she passes by and shows her registration.  Unlike the Gott, she is registered in a city that she will never visit.  I imagine that is for tax purposes.
I am not sure where she was heading as her AIS still said Detroit.  Based on the fact that she just cleared the Locks, I imagine she is on her way to Duluth.

No comments: