Friday, March 5, 2010

The Detroit Zoo...Again

I took the day off today because I was thinking of going down to Dayton to got the Air Force Museum for a night at the museum thing. Decided against that and went to the Detroit Zoo instead because it was nice, sunny and almost warm. So it was a good day to go the zoo.

This is a statue by Marshall Fredericks near the entrance of the zoo. I like his work.

This is one of the camels.

My favorite animal exhibit at the zoo is the wolverine exhibit (for obvious reasons). They are really neat animals to watch. This one almost seemed like he saw the camera and was posing for me.

I like the shot with the snow in the background.



This is at the Artic Exhibit and is a seal as he is swimming above me. The Detroit Zoo has a really nice Artic Exhibit. I'm not sure if it's the best in the country but it has to be up there. It certainly is nicer than the one at the San Diego Zoo.

I'm not sure how many polar bears they have, but this one was stirring for a bit.

And then he was sleeping.

So I went back to the wolverine pen. I love watching them run because they have a odd running style where they look like they are almost wobbling. Still, I don't think I'd want to have to outrun one because I think they probably can run fast if they have to.

One of the deer.

I saw this kangaroo laying like this and it reminded me of my cat and how he lays sometimes. This looks like a very content animal.

The kangaroo exhibit at the zoo is pretty nice too because they let you walk into it and are almost amongst the kangaroos.



The rhinos.



Another one of my favorites is the meerkats.

And of course the Lions are pretty cool too.

And this is a very catlike pose.



The tigers are pretty neat too.







I've never seen my cat looking like this before. The look of I own all that I survey.

And the Rackham fountain.

No comments: