Sunday, March 21, 2010

Gallup Park - Ann Arbor

It was a nice enough day that I felt like going somewhere but I am still getting over a cold so I decided to head over to Gallup Park in Ann Arbor. I went over to my usual spot in the park and there were a bunch of geese, ducks and swans hanging around.

I was surprised how close they let me approach, so I was able to get close up shots of their heads. Normally they are hissing and chasing me away.

A Canadian Goose near the water.

I'm not sure what kind of bird this is, I think it may be some kind of duck but I'm not sure. Could be a goose too. If someone can correctly identify it for me, a picture will be on it's way.

Another close up of a Canadian Goose.

A closeup of a swan. I love the look of these birds. And for these I take away what I said above because one of these started to hiss and bite at me.

The swan in the water.

A female mallard. This one was laying down for a long time until a couple males decided to court her.

Another swan close up. I think this is a young swan because his beak isn't quite orange yet.

Another closeup of the same swan.

A closeup of the whatever bird.

Another shot of the goose.

A male mallard. I never realized thier heads were green but they can also be blue depending on the angle of the light.

A close up of the mallard's head. Notice the bits of blue.

And the mallard swimming away.

No comments: