Monday, April 18, 2011

Nichols Arboretum in April

Since I'm not terribly sure how busy my next couple of weeks are going to be, I decided to head over to the Arboretum next to get my April shots of there. I was hoping for more springlike weather (yes, I'm whining again...deal with it) but alas not to be. Oh well, I did see some signs of sprint. Like this goose that was hissing at me. I think she might have been getting ready to lay her eggs. Her mate was pretty close as well.
Like these sprouts peaking up through the dead leaves.
The river was flowing pretty heavily today. I think we are still getting some degree of snow melt.
Some buds on the trees.
There is actually water flowing this time.
The ground was a bit muddy though.
The pine trees were still green though. Hehe.
One of my favorite shots of pine trees...looking up.
I think this is a weeping willow. But I'm not sure.
I definitely don't know what kind of tree this is. But I still like it. This is probably one of my favorite parts of the arboretum. I can almost imagine myself as a pioneer stumbling on this area for the first time.
In my quest to recreate one of my favorite Ansel Adams shots. Not quite though.
Another shot of the prairie.
See, flowers. Spring is almost here. Oh the ice? Never you mind that. It will be gone soon.
I kind of liked the look of the trees in the puddle.
Another goose. There were some geese on nests on the little islands across from the park.
Some leaves sprouting.
I tried to get a shot of the sunset....Not quite.
Another shot of the river.

No comments: