Tuesday, March 31, 2015

An Older Cessna

I decided to stop at the Ann Arbor Airport on the way home from work tonight.  I thought that I saw  a couple of planes flying around.  As it turned out, the one I did see flying around ended up landing as I got there.  I didn't see anything else for a few minutes.
 As I was about to give up and head back to my car, I caught a glimpse of this plane turning in for a landing.  As I looked at it through my viewfinder, I realized that it was an older plane.
 As it turns out, it is a Cessna 140.   Production on this aircraft started in 1946 and lasted until 1951.  In those five years, there a little over 7,500 produced.  The plane is powered by an 85 horsepower Continental C-85 engine.  This gives it a maximum speed of 125 miles per hour.  It can carry one passenger.
 If I could find a busier general aviation airport nearby, I think I would be a happy person.  My passion is with military aircraft.  Airliners are a port in the storm but there seems to be a nice variety in general aviation.  I guess I never realized just how many different planes there were.
This particular aircraft tells us to Trust Jesus.
 While this aircraft isn't quite as nice as the shiny looking plane parked at the front of the airport, it still looks pretty nice.
And it taxis towards the hangar.

Sadly, this would be the only plane I would see.  So I decided to head over to Gallup.

No comments: