Saturday, March 28, 2015

Starting Off With the Hollyhock

I saw that the Philip R. Clarke would be heading upbound today, so I decided to catch her.  She was being led by the US Coast Guard Cutter Hollyhock.  There is still a good amount of ice on the Great Lakes.
 As I was waiting at the State Park for the Hollyhock and Clarke, I saw that she was turning in the river.  I wanted to get pictures of her just as much as the Clarke, so I headed back over to Algonac to do so.
 It turns out that she was heading to dock in Algonac.  I'm not sure why but it was fairly apparent that she wasn't needed to lead the Clarke up the St. Clair River.  Which is just as well for these guys.
 I've seen her a fair amount of times, but I've never really seen her out and about.  It was kind of cool to get some closer shots.
 A shot of her crane.  In the other months, she serves as a bouy tender.  I'm sure this is a job she will be performing as soon as the ice is more gone.
 A shot of her bridge.
 In case you forgot what she belongs to.
 Another shot of the Coast Guard Emblem.
And a shot of her as she pulls into the dock.

No comments: