Friday, August 24, 2018

It's Air Show Weekend

So it's another one of the weekends that I've been waiting for.  It's Thunder Over Michigan weekend.  I ended up taking today off so that I could try to get a glimpse of the planes as they practiced.
 I was going to go down to Willow Run to try and catch them there but I realized, I could probably have about as good of luck at my apartment.  While I didn't get to see much of the show, I did manage to get some pictures.
 This is the 20th Anniversary of Thunder Over Michigan and as I look at the plane list, it looks like it should be a good one.
 Of course, the feature exhibit is the Thunderbirds but there are plenty of warbirds on display.
 It was kind of cool because they almost passed over my apartment.
 And I didn't have to blow up the picture too much.
 I got some pictures as they were setting up.

 I think this is my favorite.
 I also got a glimpse of the F-15 demonstration.
I can't wait until tomorrow.

No comments: