Wednesday, August 15, 2018

The Lee A. Tregurtha Passing By Detroit

So Saturday I ended up heading to Chicago but before leaving for Chicago, I decided to check Marine Traffic.  I saw that the Lee A. Tregurtha was making her way up the Rouge River to head back to wherever she was going.  I then decided to head down to Detroit to catch her.  Little did I realize, I would end up spending a little more time there than I had planned.
 As you can see, the River was pretty busy on Saturday.  The Tregurtha was making her way under the Ambassador Bridge.  There was a salty unloaded at Nicholson Dock but she didn't end up leaving until after I left.  The Escanaba was still docked in Detroit.  The Clyde VanEnkevort with her barge was also making her way up the River.
 First up is the Lee A. Tregurtha.  She is one of my favorite ships because of her unique look.  I think she is the only ship left on the Great Lakes to have this style of bow.
 She was built from a war veteran and you can still see many of those characteristics.
 The Lee A. Tregurtha was unloading taconite at the Rouge Steel plant but I'm not sure where she was heading in this picture.  I presume she was heading back to Marquette to pick up more taconite.
 At any rate, she is a beautiful ship.
 she is being passed by a boat that reminds me of the Orca from Jaws.
One more shot of her.

No comments: