Wednesday, August 15, 2018

The Escanaba Leaving Detroit

This part was kind of a bonus for me.
 Since I was at Milliken State Park, I decided to get some more pictures of her.  She is a cool looking cutter.
 I ended up walking closer to her to get some other pictures.
 Some of her ribbons.  I assume these represent drug busts.  I think she is mostly used for enforcement.
 Sadly, I couldn't get a tour of her but I noticed they were getting ready for her to leave.
 I think the tug was more there as a guide.
 She pulls out of the dock.
 and starts to get up to speed.
 The New Jersey following along.  Like I said, it didn't seem like the New Jersey was doing anything except acting as a guide point.
She starts to head down river.  She is returning to her home port of Boston.  As I type this post, she is in Toronto.  She will head to Quebec City next.

No comments: