Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Watching the Herbert C. Jackson

The Herbert C. Jackson is another ship that I saw while I was up north.  Unfortunately, she was never in a spot where I could take a decent picture of her.
 I think she was at Marquette where she would have loaded taconite.
 She was on her way to Cleveland to deliver that load.
 As I type this, this is back at Marquette picking up another load for somewhere.
 She is a pretty nice looking ship and I don't get to see her often enough, even though she passes by fairly often.
 She makes her turn for the channel.  One of the things I like about Port Huron is the fact that I can get head shots.
 She starts to pass by.
 After she passed under the Blue Water Bridge.
 Almost a beam shot.
 I like the clouds in this shot.
 The beam shot.
And she passes by.  It is about five hours to Detroit from this point and another 10 hours to Cleveland.

No comments: