Saturday, January 19, 2019

Catching the Wolverine in the Snow

I was actually hoping that I would catch the Sykes as she made her way to Nanticoke but unfortunately, she passed Detroit yesterday.  Although that is good in a way because we ended up getting dumped on today.  And that pretty much meant I didn't want to go anywhere.  However, I did want to get some pictures, so I ended up getting pictures of the Wolverine.
 The Wolverine was running about five minutes late but that wasn't too bad since you can track Amtrak trains using their website.  As I was taking this picture, the crossing lights started to flash which meant the train was near.
 About thirty seconds later, the Wolverine appeared.  As you can see, it was still snowing pretty hard.  It wasn't too bad getting to Depot Town but I wouldn't have wanted to travel much further than that.
 I love catching the Wolverine right after a fresh snow because it is usually kicking it up.  Makes for a cool effect, I think.
 And I wasn't disappointed as she was kicking up quite a bit of snow.
 It was still snowing but I think it makes for a cool effect.  Almost like grain.
 And some of the reflections on the engine.
One more shot before moving on.

So then I went to the store and went home.  Not a terribly exciting day.

No comments: