Thursday, January 3, 2019

The Detroit Skyline from Riverside

I decided to head down to Detroit tonight.  I wanted to catch my first ship of the year.  First I headed to Belle Isle but I ended up missing the Lee A. Trugurtha by about 10 or 15 minutes.  Then I looked at Marine Traffic and saw that the Honorable James L. Oberstar was making her way upbound.  I didn't think I would catch her at Belle Isle, so I headed over to Riverside Park.
 As I was waiting for the Oberstar, I decided to get some pictures of the Detroit Skyline.  The building on the right is the Renaissance Center.  To its left, you can see the top of the 150 West Jefferson Building.    The orange building is the Guardian Building.  Behind that is what used to be known as the Comerica Tower.
The building to the immediate left is the Penobscot Building.

No comments: