Thursday, October 3, 2019

A Return to Ocqueoc Falls

After catching the ships and planes, I decided to head up to Ocqueoc Falls.  It has been close to ten years since I've been up there.
 They are close to Rogers City, Michigan.  If you take I-75 to get to them, you will pass the Gaylord exit and get off at the exit for M-68 which I believe is the Indian River exit.  You head east on M-68 until you pass Onaway.
 There will be signs for the Ocqueoc Falls campground and state park.  If you end up in Rogers City, you've gone too far.
 It seems like they've done some work to the park since the last time I visited.  They actually had concrete trails leading to the falls.  They also added a nice picnic area.
 These are the only natural falls in the lower peninsula.  I'm pretty sure there are some manmade ones though.
 While they aren't as impressive as the lower Tahquamenon Falls, they still look pretty cool.
 I tried a faster shutter speed but I think waterfalls look better with the slower shutter speed.
 Looking up the river.
 Another shot of that with a slow shutter speed. 
 Looking at a slightly different angle.
 Another part of the falls.
 I kind of liked this spot.
A closeup of the fissure.  I really like this shot.

I will have to come here again.

No comments: