Wednesday, October 9, 2019

A Stop in Alba, Michigan

Last weekend was my mom's 70th birthday and for that I decided to take her Up North.  We were going to end up in Sault Ste Marie but we decided that we wanted to take a ride on M-119.  We were hoping to get dinner at Leg's Inn but that didn't happen.
 In order to get to M-119 quickly, we ended up going up to Gaylord and taking M-32 to the west.  Unfortunately, they were doing construction on M-32 and that ended up taking us out of our way for a little bit until we got to a town called Alba.
 Alba is located on US-131 just north of Mancelona.  It is currently an unincorporated town with a population of 295 people.  I kind of liked the look of these buildings.
 Alba was established in 1876 at the junction of the Detroit and Charlevoix and Grand Rapids and Indiana Junction.  I would imagine it was much busier then.
 A store front.
 I kind of liked the look of this church.  It almost looks like they made the boards to look like stained glass.
I think this may have been a railroad station at one time.

No comments: